I asked my friends at Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas to send me some info about my trip this weekend. (I’ll be their guest at the resort and am attending the Paradise Music Festival.) As I was looking through all of the impressive and amazing materials, I decided to share it with you guys, ’cause I think that Atlantis is already my favorite place in the world. I’ve actually dreamed about going there before and saw the commercials on TV, but hadn’t pulled the trigger on going. I always thought, “I’ll make time for that one day…” Well, that day is NOW…finally. I’ve had a really hard year with mine and Sissy’s health, realized life is precious and shouldn’t be taken for granted, and I want to do as much as possible, making every moment count. They say “life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away,” and by looking and what I’m about to experience, it’s safe to say I am about to embark on a three-day breathtaking adventure with countless moments of that caliber.
As far as the Country Music angle, HGTV is presenting the first-ever Atlantis LIVE Paradise Music Festival and the #AtlantisHGTV lineup is epic, spanning over three days of summer fun, sun, and country music, ranging from legends to the the latest up-and-comers. Ticket holders can expect to see performances from Dierks Bentley, Jewel, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Dan + Shay, Dee Jay Silver, Casey James, Striking Matches, Brett James, Kristian Bush, Caitlyn Smith, and Bobby Pinson.
I hope you will get to experience 3 days of music at this amazing destination along with me and #CMchat! Now check out some of the cool stuff you will love about Atlantis!!!!!!!
Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas boasts a 141-acre water park, the world’s largest open-air marine habitat, lavish guest accommodations, restaurants, bars, spa, lounges and the largest casino in the Bahamas.
• Atlantis, Paradise Island is one of the world’s leading travel destinations
• Atlantis is located on some of the most magnificent white-sand beaches overlooking the turquoise waters of the Atlantis Ocean.
• Atlantis continues to re-define the resort experience by offering:
- A variety of room accommodations for every budget;
- An array of culinary experiences through world-class and celebrity-chef dining, with 40 restaurants and lounges;
- Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape comprised of over 20 million gallons of fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools and habitats;
- An abundance of edutainment (educational entertainment) opportunities for guests of all ages.
• Home to the largest open-air marine habitat in the world, with over 50,000 marine life and 250 species.
• Atlantis is an Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA) accredited resort whose marine husbandry practices and research have contributed greatly to the acquisition of data on this species of which little is known.
• Dolphin Cay (pronounced Dolphin Key), the resort’s 14-acre dolphin interaction and education facility
• The largest casino in the Caribbean, which overlooks the azure waters of the lagoon and the ocean beyond
• Mandara Spa, where luxurious treatments use traditional European therapies and natural elements indigenous to The Bahamas Aquaventure
• Aquaventure is a non-stop water experience, containing over 5 million gallons of water and consisting of thrilling water slides, a mile-long river ride with high intensity rapids, and wave surges.
• The icon of Aquaventure, the Power Tower, houses four slides where riders plunge into darkness, fall down near-vertical drops and come face-to-face with pre-historic seacreatures.
• The Abyss, a body slide at the top of the Power Tower, drops guests a near-vertical 50 feet into total darkness before they land in a pool filled with Alligator Gars.
Dolphin Cay (pronounced Dolphin Key)
• Dolphin Cay is the 14-acre dolphin interaction and education center, created with the goal of enlightening visitors about the wonders of these remarkable ocean inhabitants.
• Atlantis guests have the opportunity to meet and interact with one of the world’s most charismatic animals in an unparalleled encounter that is enriching for both the guests and the dolphin.
• Dolphin Cay at Atlantis is home to 16 displaced Hurricane Katrina dolphins.
• Dolphin Cay offers shallow and deep water dolphin interactions, as well as sea lion interactions.
• The largest in the Bahamas, the casino overlooks the azure waters of the lagoon and the ocean beyond.
• The Atlantis casino offers a variety of gaming, from baccarat and craps to black jack, Caribbean stud poker and roulette, to the new Race and Sports book.
• Atlantis, Paradise Island is THE Caribbean outpost for celebrity chefs and fine dining.
• Atlantis offers an extraordinary range of culinary options for every palate, lifestyle and budget – including world-class sushi at Nobu, coffee at Starbucks and everything in between.
• Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill, located at The Cove, is his first restaurant outside the US
• Guests are welcomed into Chef Nobu Matsuhisa’s first Caribbean restaurant, Nobu.
• Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten has recreated the legendary Café Martinique, originally made famous by its appearance in the 1965 James Bond classic, Thunderball, on the Atlantis property in Marina Village where classic French gourmet fare is served.
• Designed by renowned-architect Jeffery Beers, Virgil’s Real BBQ incorporates a Southern road-trip theme throughout the space taking diners through a journey of the South’s world-famous BBQ styles of Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, the Carolinas and Missouri. Virgil’s is family-style dining in a rustic and casual restaurant and uses a range of rubs and marinades all enhanced by hours of gentle smoking over hickory, oak and fruit woods.
• Other options include Bimini Road, a thoroughly Bahamian experience with colorful Junkanoo décor, savory local cuisine and high-energy live music on the outdoor deck, and Seafire, a modern steakhouse with an elegant yet relaxed ambiance that also serves as a traditional butchery and wine market for Marina guests.
• Opened in summer 2013, Todd English’s Olives has joined Atlantis as the newest dining option for guests. Featuring his signature open kitchen and Mediterranean cuisine, Olives Atlantis will provide a social and interactive dining experience for guests in the bustling Atlantis Casino. Olives Atlantis offers a three-meal-a-day menu with a variety of coastal dishes, made-to-order cuts of meat and grilled fish, infamous thin-crust flatbread pizzas and the Raw Bar, which offers a large fresh seafood display.• The Moon Club is the newest bar/lounge at Atlantis, highlighted by the marine habitat with Moon Jellyfish directly behind the bar. The bar/lounge, whose unique look is complete with wood paneling, marble floor and a cutting edge colored LED lighting system, features cocktails, a high-end wine collection by the glass or by the bottle, a plethora of draft beer options and a selection of cigars available for purchase.
• Aura, a 7,000 square foot space designed by Jeffrey Beers, is an adult nightclub where DJs spin on the lower level adjacent to a glowing glass floor that changes color with the music, and is surrounded by banquette seating.
• Aura has two bars, a lounge, and a VIP section to complete the intimate experience.Kids/Tweens/Teens
• Nightlife at Atlantis is not just for Adults-only; kids own the night, as well. The resort provides an array of activities that make parents feel wonderful while taking a night off for themselves.
• With movies, games, story corner, computer play, dancing and karaoke during each night’s Evening Adventure, it becomes THE time “to be seen” at Atlantis Kids Adventures (known as AKA).
• For the more sophisticated ‘tween, Club Rush is a fully-supervised “No Adults” private club setting where ‘tweens can socialize and enjoy their own entertainment during their separate club hours, with no attitude and best of all, no parents!
• CRUSH teen club for teens ages 13-17
• 14,000 square-foot space
• An interactive internet lounge complete with: multi-touch computers and surface tables with photo editing and publishing interfaced to Facebook
• Game room stocked with the most state-of-the-art technology including the new Microsoft flagship motion sensor product Kinect for Xbox 360
• Floor-to-ceiling gaming tower with 24 gaming consoles
• 10 private gaming cabanas
• iPads for internet browsing and multi-purpose video walls decorating the dance club -think VIP sections, doormen and paparazzi! Atlantis Kids Adventures know as AKA, is an 8,000-square-foot state-of-the-art kid’s club. AKA was designed to whet even the most skeptical child’s imagination with its programming. Trained AKA team members (“Adventure Guides”) are stationed in each of its following rooms, which include:
• Arts & Crafts room
• Culinary Kitchen
• The EVERY video game ever made room
• Wizardology reading room
• Fully-stocked “Grocery Store”
• Computer area
• Performance area
• LEGO Construction area
On behalf of everyone here at Country Music Chat aka CMchatLIVE, #CMchat and Twangout, we are so grateful to Atlantis Resort and HGTV for putting this together and making us feel so welcome. We look forward to repping the#AtlantisHGTV and #ParadiseMusicFestival hashtags all over, from every nook and corner, including backstage, on stage, big shows, small shows, impromptu shows, and while engaging in general tomfoolery. Most importantly, we’ll be bringing the Bahamas to you with a must-see lineup that includes some of today’s hottest Country Music stars!
It’s not too late to jet set to paradise for the long holiday weekend. You can book your countrified vacation by clicking here!
For a complete #CMchat schedule, check out our calendar here: cmchatlive.com/calendar
Interested in being a #CMchat sponsor? Find out how you can sponsor a #CMchat feature or advertise with #CMchat here!
**Disclosure: I am being compensated for participation but as always, thoughts and opinions are my own.